FAT FREEZING QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
WHAT IS CRYOTECHNOLOGY?
Cryotechnology is the medical term for fat freezing. Cryotechnology is the controlled application of low temperature (vacuum assisted) cooling which is applied to a particular target area for a period of time causing the fat cells to break/crystallise, resulting in a reduction of body fat without damaging the surrounding tissue. It is a non-invasive procedure that protects the surrounding tissue structures.
HOW DOES CRYOTECHNOLOGY WORK?
- CoolTech handpiece generates a vacuum effect with the suction of skin & adipose tissue. The tissue remains fixed and isolated which allows protecting the rest of tissues and collagen.
- The vacuum effect decreases the blood flow at the target area, getting a more accurate and controlled cooling at the target area.
- The adipose tissue contacts with the cooling plates of the handle. These plates generate the cold effect until they reach the desired temperature.
- The treatment takes about 45-60 minutes to get maximum cell apoptosis. When the treatment is finished, the affected fatty tissue is gradually removed, through the natural metabolic process.
The results are visible since the first 15 days and the third month after the treatment
Two handles (applicators) are placed on the target area and the tissue is drawn into these handles via vacuum pressure. Due to the vacuum, blood circulation in the treatment area is temporarily interrupted The treatment area has a separation of tissue in which fat cells have been isolated from the rest of the living/surrounding structures The living structures have thus been protected from the extreme cold temperatures After a minimum treatment duration of 45 minutes, the fat cells die off (crystallise) and are released into the lymphatic system where the natural metabolic process takes over and rids the body of toxins.
WHAT IS THE TEMPERATURES THAT FAT FREEZING WORK ON?
The temperature will vary for each individual, the temperature will depend on you fat percentages, the temperatures are usually between -3 degrees Celsius and -8 degrees Celsius
WHAT AREAS ARE COMMONLY TREATED FOR FAT FREEZING?
The lower abductors, the flanks, abdomen, hips, arms , thighs, bra bulges, back fat or flabby knees. This is not a procedure for weight loss or for people who are obese. It works best for people who have isolated pockets of resistant fat.
WHEN CAN ONE BEGIN TO SEE THE RESULTS FROM FAT FREEZING?
Studies showed that an average reduction of 5.3 cm which can be seen after 45 days in the treated area. The results are delayed and take from 8 weeks to 6 months to be noticeable and optimal. More than one treatment per area may be needed to achieve the desired result depending on the initial amount of fat to be reduced. The results are visible within a short time frame but a final result is usually attained after 3 to 4 months.
HOW MANY FAT FREEZING TREATMENTS ARE NEEDED?
1 to 3 treatments are needed depending on the thickness of the resistant fat. Treatments can be repeated at 45-day intervals. It can be used on all skin types and ages
CAN FAT FREEZING BE COMBINED WITH OTHER TREATMENTS?
If there are areas of hardened fat such as the saddle bags that need to be treated, it is recommended that 2 to 4 weeks of traditional Liposculpture procedures such as Carboxy, Radiofrequency, Lipomassage (ENDO) can be performed before the Cryo fat freezing to soften the fat and improve results. Two weeks after the Cryo procedure, one can restart Liposculpture treatments to improve skin tightening and drainage of the treated area. An area treated with Cryotechnology Fat freezing can only be retreated with fat freezing 45 days later.
WHAT CAN BE EXPECTED DURING THE FAT FREEZ PROCEDURE?
The initial feeling when the applicator is applied is that the skin is being pulled intensely into a vacuum. The cooling process then begins which might sting or feel uncomfortable for the first 10 minutes. Thereafter the area feels cold and numb. The procedure takes one to three hours depending on the amount of areas being treated. When the applicator is removed, the treated fat feels cold and hard to the touch. The therapist then does a manual massage of the treated area, which quickly reduces the hardened effect.
• Tautness of the skin wherever the handle is placed
• There will be a gradual drop in temperature
• An intense sensation of tissue being drawn into the handle
• After a few minutes the skin becomes used to the temperature and then numbness will occur.
WHAT CAN BE EXPECTED AFTER THE FAT FREEZING TREATMENT?
Several days after the procedure, the cooled fat cells begin a process called “apoptosis” and begin to shrink. These damaged fat cells are slowly metabolized over several months by our bodies and removed through the liver. Cold Technology is highly effective and is producing consistent results for local areas of fat like the love handles or ‘man-boobs’. With the Cryotechnology you will start seeing results after 4-12 weeks.
The Skin’s Reaction after treatment:
• There will be erythema in the treated area for 30-60 minutes after treatment
• Bruising/oedema may appear immediately after treatment
• Sensitivity of the treated area and sensory numbness for 1-8 weeks after treatment
• A tingling sensation in the area may occur for 2-3 weeks after treatment.
HOW SAFE AND EFFECTIVE IS THE FAT FREEZING TREATMENT?
- Cryotechnology is fully approved for medical use for fat freezing and has been awarded CE-Medical mark.
- Scientific studies showing fat reduction between 25-40%, fat freezing has a very high patient satisfaction rate of up to 80-90%.
- More than 450 machines worldwide and 250.000 treatments done
- Being totally non-invasive, there are no needles, scalpels or incisions required. Furthermore there is no need for anesthesia or pain medications and effectively there is no down or recovery time.
WHAT IS THE SIDE EFFECTS OF FAT FREEZING?
Possible side effects
– Erythema (redness) in the treated area, which may last from minutes to few hours.
– Occasional localized bruising may occur associated with vacuum process.
– Possible paresthesia in the treated area, which may last up to 8 weeks.
– Fatigue & detox symptoms for less than 24 hours.
– Pain after the procedure, mainly during the first 10 minutes, of mild intensity.
– Pain in the treated area during 7 to 10 days, as well as possible swelling, but not limiting daily activity.
We hope that all your fat freezing questions is answered, if you have any more questions please phone us on: 081 332 7837